St. John (Kilwinning) Largs 173

History

Our Two Charters

 

1767 : Charter from Mother Kilwinning

The original charter of the Lodge was granted on the 21st of December 1767 by the Mother Lodge of Kilwinning.  The Lodge was recorded under the name of “Largs Kilwinning”, No.67 on the roll of Mother Kilwinning daughter Lodges.  The charter was signed by Claud Thomson, Master of the Mother Lodge of Kilwinning

 1789 : Charter from Grand Lodge

The charter from “The Grand Lodge of Free and Accepted Masons in the Kingdom of Scotland” was granted on the 2nd of November 1789.   The Lodge was recorded as “Largs St. John”, No.232 on the roll of the Grand Lodge of Scotland.   The charter was signed by the 37th Grand Master Mason of Scotland, Francis, 8th Lord Napier.

 

Bro. William Murdoch, PM, PSPGW, served as RWM from 1942 to 1944 and was installed again in December 1988 to serve as RWM, 1988-89, during the Lodge Bi-centenary year [of the Grand Lodge Charter]

 

countercountercountercountercountercounter